yourtime is our specialist, not-for-profit psychology practice. We provide free and low-cost clinical treatment and counselling, delivered by our team of experienced psychologists in a safe and supportive environment.
Our teams at Yeerongpilly and Kedron support children, adolescents, young adults, adults, older adults, couples and family groups, providing therapy across a wide range of areas and difficulties from two locations:
Ground floor, Hasting Deering Building
Unit 1, 973 Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly QLD 4105
Level 1, 271 Gympie Road, Kedron QLD 4031
(above Inspiration Paint)
Common reasons people come to yourtime include:
|✔ Anxiety and Depression||✔ Emotional dysregulation||✔ Adjustment Disorder|
|✔ Child mental health||✔ Couples and relationships||✔ Bipolar disorder|
|✔ Stress and injury||✔ Self-esteem issues||✔ Career and work issues|
|✔ Behavioural problems||✔ Anger management||✔ Grief and loss|
|✔ Domestic violence victims||✔ Suicidal ideation and self-harm||✔ ADHD, Asperger's and Autism|
|✔ Cross-cultural issues||✔ Parenting and pregnancy||✔ Post-traumatic stress|
|✔ Substance and alcohol use||✔ Body image and eating disorders||✔ Chronic illness and pain|
As a not-for-profit organisation, we offer affordable access to mental health care so that as many people within our community as possible can receive our help and support.
If you have a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan (MHTP), Chronic Disease Management Plan, or Specialist referral, this entitles you to sessions which are bulk-billed (Yeerongpilly) or majorly subsidised (Kedron).
If you have private health extras, your out-of-pocket costs for private appointments may be partially refundable. We'll give you a detailed receipt for each session, which you can use to make a claim with your insurer.
|Kedron Fees and Rebates|
|Psychologist Type||Appointment Type||Your Fee||Medicare Rebate*||Out of Pocket*|
|General||One hour session||$135.00||$84.80*||$50.20*|
|Clinical||One hour session||$175.00||$124.50*||$50.50*|
* With valid GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist referral
Being Referred to yourtime
- Make a 'long' appointment with your GP, or visit your Paediatrician or Psychiatrist, and let them you know you would like to explore having a referral created. They'll ask you some questions and may have you complete a short questionnaire, to help them get an understanding of your feelings and wellbeing.
- If the referrer agrees that you need supportive therapy, please ask them to fax or email all referral paperwork to your chosen practice location.
- When we receive the paperwork, we'll contact you to discuss your availability for appointments and match you to the best psychologist based on your needs. We usually book a series of six appointments to start with, weekly or fortnightly, to make sure you can continue to attend regularly after your first session.
- Once you've completed your sixth session, your psychologist will write to your referrer to provide an update on your therapy, so you'll need to make an appointment with them for a 'review'. If you, the psychologist and referrer agree more sessions would be beneficial, you are entitled to four more for the rest of the calendar year.
Please call our team on 3306 1083 (Yeerongpilly) or 3638 0383 (Kedron) to find out more, or click here for our brochure.